It's been a little while since I've posted. Here I am at the library again. Another long and quiet night, but no complaints here. I've shelved some books, checked some people's books out, scanned over People magazine, and read a little of a novel I'm currently reading called The Almost Moon. Anyone read The Lovely Bones or seen the movie? Yeah, this book is a little out there, too, but it is interesting. I'll let you know how it is further into it.
This week Matt's participating in the National Jazz Festival here at Shenandoah, so I'm staying in town all week to spend time with him when he's not at school from 7am-10 or later. I decided today while he was away that after my jazzercise class I would do some cleaning. "Some cleaning" turned into an awful lot of cleaning. I decided to truly clean out the refrigerator after I found old food from April and May of this year. I didn't realize how many colors some foods could turn or how much food could be wasted from a certain guy who goes out to eat all the time. Now I'm not bashing Aaron, but today raised a serious question. After all the cleaning out I did, and all the relief I felt when the refrigerator and freezer had been rid of all the old meat, dairy, potatoes (one of the worst), and other vegetables, I wondered: Why is it that only I am concerned about cleanliness of the fridge, among other things? I'll admit, sometimes things do go bad and I have to pitch them before I can use them up. But three trash bags full of food having to go bad and still no desire to clean up even a little bit? That's wrong.
One of Aaron's friends, Larry, came over and I vented to him about the ecosystem in our fridge, and sometimes in our house, and he said, "Rachel, that's a guy for you. It's in their nature. All guys are like that." Really? Being a guy gives you the excuse of being a pig? I don't agree. My boyfriend isn't like that. Many guys I know aren't like that. So what is it? Is it hereditary? I'd like some research if anyone can provide some good, reliable and valid research. Because to me, being a guy does not give you the right nor the power to be a pig and get away with it. Pigs (you know, the farm animals?) are pigs...they have the power to be themselves. Human beings, male or female, do not.
No offense to my boyfriend, but it sort of is a guy thing. I've lived with 2 guys now and both were the same...they just leave junk lying around and food could be in the fridge for years and it wouldn't get thrown away. It sucks that much food is wasted though :( Maybe have a chat with him or else label the shelves on the fridge (one for you and one for him) haha!
ReplyDelete